John Myers - Looking at the Overlooked (Portfolio Edition)
- Blue/grey cloth folio including 10 signed and limited 9.5 x 12” silver gelatin prints
- John Myers - Looking at the Overlooked signed and dated with hand written edition information
- 10 x 8” silver gelatin print of Benjamin the Rabbit, 1975, signed and dated in a limited edition of 58
- 5 x 4” silver gelatin print of The Bed, 1976, signed and dated
- Final copy of 8 remaining
Almost all of the photographs that make up Looking At the Overlooked were taken within walking distance of John Myers’ home in Stourbridge in the West Midlands between 1972 and 1981.
The photographs were predominantly taken in flat light that gave imperceptible shade. The absence of people was quite deliberate. There is no hidden story behind these photographs and no event is about to unfold beyond the frame. They are landscapes without incident.
Myers’ intention in these photographs was to acknowledge the refusal of this environment to offer a visual or narrative engagement.
A limited edition of 8 copies of the portfolio is available. If interested, please enquire below.