Martin Parr - Remote Scottish Postboxes
This product is currently sold out.
- Hand-stitched leaves in box
- book 280 x 240 mm | box 285 x 245 x 25 mm
- 88 pages
- Edition of 500, including 90 copies with 1 signed print, and 10 copies with 4 signed prints
- £60 | £180 with print | £600 with 4 prints
- Pre-order copies will include a signed postcard
The Postcards Book
- 12 Postcards in Presentation Box
- book 197 x 121 mm | box 203 x 125 x 15 mm
- Edition of 2000
- RRP £15
Remote Scottish Postboxes is Martin Parr’s first major contribution to landscape photography. Between 2004 - 2010, Parr and his wife holidayed on the Scottish mainland and outlaying islands of Orkney, Shetland, Barra, Lewis and Islay, stopping frequently to capture the local Postboxes. Through Parr’s photographs, these isolated, red outposts of civilisation each take on a character and personality of their own, against the lonely yet beautiful Scottish backdrop.
“When you are in the middle of nowhere, in a bleak landscape and in wild weather, these little post boxes are strangely comforting, a sign that other people are around, that life is going on, and that you are connected to the world” - Susie Parr
Remote Scottish Postboxes is presented in two ways; as a hand- stitched, 88 page book, in which the postboxes are accompanied by maps and co-ordinates of their locations and featuring a short text by Susie Parr, and as a Postcards book, comprised of 12 unbound postcards. Both books are designed by Victoria Forrest and are presented in a specially produced box.