- 7 x 7 inch pigment print
- presented on 10 x 8 inch archival paper
- signed, titled and dated to the front below print
- Presented in a printed acid free sleeve
- Photographer's sticker and date of signature affixed to bottom right hand corner of sleeve
- Proof print, not editioned
For many years Peter Mitchell photographed the 'Ghost Train Man', Francis Gavan. Gavan's ghost train appears throughout Peter's work, with Gavan himself acting as a strange sort of muse, a constant presence against an ever-shifting backdrop.
Francis Gavan died in 2019, more than 40 years after this photograph was taken.
This image was printed to form a (long sold out) RRB Exclusive special edition of Strangely Familiar, published by Nazraeli Press in 2013.